Personal data protection
The SIA Umex (Umex) is committed to user privacy.
The policy on protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Umex institutions is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC.
This general policy covers all the Umex’s institutional websites within the .eu domain. Although you can browse through most of these websites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
The Umex’s institutional websites within the .eu domains provide links to third-party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
An e-service on Umex is a service or resource made available on the internet in order to the communication between our services and customers on the other.
3 types of e-services are, or will be, offered by Umex:
- Information services that provide people, media, business, administrations and others with easy and effective access to information
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with people, business, civil society and public bodies, inorder to facilitate policy consultations and feedback
- Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions in the EU, such as online purchase, recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition of documents
- Information contained in a specific privacy statement
- What information is collected and for what purpose and the technical means we collects personal information in order to fulfil a specific purpose
- To whom your information is disclosed
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it
- How long your data is kept
- What security measures are taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints
Google Analytics is the corporate service that measures the effectiveness and efficiency of the Umex’s websites.
By default, website visitors are tracked using the first-party persistent cookies from Umex. You may choose not to be tracked by opt-out. If you change your mind, you can choose to be tracked again by opt-in.
To check your current status and make your choice, tick the corresponding box in the text below.
You may choose not to have a unique web analytics cookie identification number assigned to your computer to avoid the aggregation and analysis of data collected on this website.
We have links on the sites wich currently use their own analytics system. Visit their legal notice pages for more information.
More about Google Analytics https://analytics.google.com
Many webpages on Umex have a contact button which activates your email software and invites you to send your comments to a specific mailbox. When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only in order to reply.
If the team responsible for the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your email to another service. You will be informed, via email, about which service your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your email and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
Collected personal data is stored on a computer of the external subcontractor acting as processor, who has to guarantee the data protection and confidentiality required by Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Verifying, modifying or deleting information
If you want to verify, modify or delete your personal data stored by the responsible controllers for the Umex website and its sub-sites, you can email the data controller for the Umex website in the address below. In your email, clearly state your request and include the URL of the website/webpages your request refers to.